What to Expect
Oral and maxillofacial surgery requires four or more years of additional years of hospital-based surgical and anesthesia training after graduation from dental school. The surgeons of Oral & Facial Surgery Center manage a wide variety of procedures relating to the mouth, teeth and facial regions. The surgical team practices a full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with expertise ranging from dental implant surgery and wisdom tooth removal to corrective jaw surgery and temporomandibular joint surgery. This also includes techniques designed to rebuild bone structure with minimal surgical intervention and optimal patient comfort. We can also diagnose and treat facial pain, injuries, fractures, lacerations and cosmetic surgery needs.
Our staff is trained in assisting with Intravenous (IV) sedation or outpatient general anesthesia in our state-of-the-art surgery centers. Patients are continuously monitored during and after surgery.
The surgical teams at Oral Facial Surgical Center are experienced, certified oral and maxillofacial surgical assistants, who assist in administration of IV sedation and surgery. We also have trained registered nurses (RN) to assist in surgery. All staff is informed administrative personnel, well-versed in health and insurance policies, and CPR certified.
Oral & Facial Surgery Center – AAAHC Accreditation
Accreditation meaning to our patients, referring offices and our community:
Having earned AAAHC (Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care) in 2001, Oral & Facial Surgery Center ensures accountability, responsibility and compliance with standards set by the accrediting body in the following areas:
- Patients are assured respect and uncompromising care.
- Oral & Facial Surgery Center has clearly stated policies and procedures for the smooth, efficient operation of virtually every aspect of the practice.
- Our practice has a well-organized governing body and efficient administration in every aspect of the clinical, office, billing and insurance departments.
- An active quality improvement program is integrated throughout the practice.
- Clinical records are accurately maintained and include regular audits, peer review and
- Professional improvement, ongoing training and continuing education is emphasized, encouraged and promoted in this practice to ensure the best patient care with the best clinical and office staff.
- Our facilities and environment exceed health code standards.
- Our surgical, dental and anesthesia services meet and exceed all accreditation standards.
- Our extended stay facility is private and home-like and consistently surpasses patient’s expectations.
We invite you to come by and tour our beautiful facilities!